Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: David Vitter
Interior Secretary Ken Salazar was on track for pay raise that would have brought his salary on par with other Cabinet secretaries, until Sen. David Vitter (R-La.) gave him a quota. Until Salazar each month approved six new deep-water permits to allow exploratory oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico, Vitter would block the raise.
A Senate committee on Thursday approved President Barack Obama's two nominations to fill vacancies on the Federal Reserve's board. But prospects for a quick confirmation in the full Senate are uncertain.
With just months to go before the first census forms begin arriving in mailboxes across the country, there is controversy in Congress about a last-minute change proposed by two lawmakers. But, as Federal News Radio's Max Cacas reports from Capitol Hill, other House & Senate members are saying "no, absolutely not".