Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: David Snell
NARFE's David Snell will talk about a health care option for feds without children and Sean Reilly from the Federal Times will give us an update on 2014 budget negotiations and other issues affecting federal employees.
August 21, 2013
Tags: pay and benefits , retirement , healthcare , self plus one , NARFE , COLAs , Social Security , government shutdown , budget 2014 , continuing resolution , GAO , USPS , FAA , Sean Reilly , Federal Times , Mike Causey , Your Turn , FEHBP
The No. 1 complaint people have after retiring is how long it takes them to get the first full annuity payment. Depending on a lot of things it can take anywhere from a couple of months to more than a year.
Whether your family consists of just a husband or you have 18 dependents, a family is a family as far as Uncle Sam is concerned. And that ticks off couples who resent paying the same health premiums as those charged a large family, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. Is that right?
NARFE's David Snell joins host Mike Causey to
talk about best health care buys for federal
retirees. Sean Reilly from the Federal Times
will discuss the presidential election and its
impact on feds.
November 7, 2012
NARFE Director of Benefit Services David Snell and Steve Watkins and Sean Reilly of the Federal Times will talk about issues that could affect your retirement.
September 19, 2012
Why is it that some federal workers will never retire? They plan to work till they drop, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. Is it love of the job, patriotism, friends at work or is it the ex-spouse lurking out there?...
NARFE's David Snell and Federal Times reporters Stephen Losey and Sean Reilly join host Mike Causey to talk about the issues affecting your job and retirement.
March 7, 2012
Tags: pay and benefits , NARFE , federal retirement , OPM , Stephen Losey , Sean Reilly , Federal Times , National Security Personnel System , USPS , downsizing , buyouts , Mike Causey , Your Turn with Mike Causey
Lawmakers should keep their hands off federal employees' retirement plans, National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association Director of Retirement Benefit Services David Snell said at a hearing of the House Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee on Federal Workforce, U.S. Postal Service and Labor Policy. The subcommittee is considering a slew of bills aimed at reducing federal pensions for both lawmakers and rank-and-file workers.
Tags: NARFE , payroll tax cut , Congress , House , House Oversight and Government Reform Commitee , FERS , CSRS , Social Security , OPM , Emily Kopp , Stephen Lynch , Dennis Ross , Robert Dold , Tim Griffin , Mike Coffman
Your Turn with Mike Causey welcomed retirement expert David Snell of NARFE and Federal Times' Sean Reilly and Steve Losey.
That wave you see out there just could be the long-anticipated retirement tsunami, and if coupled with expanded buyout offers it could create the perfect storm, Senor Correspondent Mike Causey says. So, is your lifeboat ready?