Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: David Obey
Provision in 2010 omnibus spending bill requires credit checks on employees before giving them a government credit card. Law also requires agencies to create service contract inventories, and fully funds the E-Government Fund for the first time in eight years.
Tags: management , contracting , technology , pay and benefits , OMB , OPM , GSA , DoD , AFGE , John Gage , omnibus spending bill , E-Government Fund , Agency credit card , service contract inventory , BRAC , A-76 , insourcing , Internet cookies
Job creation numbers in the stimulus are at the center of a storm.
Former Virginia Congressman Tom Davis said federal employees are on the chopping block because they are easy prey. Davis, now a director with Deloitte and Touche, said a letter from the Washington-D.C. area delegation could impact the potential two-year pay freeze the White House is proposing. The eight House members say feds are being targeted unfairly to help reduce the deficit.
The House measure wraps all the unfinished annual spending bills into a single catchall measure while freezing spending at last year's levels. One of the biggest surprises in the act is the inclusion of a two year pay freeze as proposed by President Obama.
Washington-area lawmakers move to put a freeze on the pay freeze, asking it be limited to one year.
Tags: GAO , DoD , GSA , management , NOAA , SSA , HHS , NIH , USDA , Census , health IT , Jerry Lewis , House Appropriations Committee , IG , CDC , Army Corps of Engineers , stimulus bill , federal spending , energy efficiency , modernization