Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: David Obey
Provision in 2010 omnibus spending bill requires credit checks on employees before giving them a government credit card. Law also requires agencies to create service contract inventories, and fully funds the E-Government Fund for the first time in eight years.
Tags: management , Contracting , technology , pay and benefits , OMB , OPM , GSA , DoD , AFGE , John Gage , omnibus spending bill , E-Government Fund , Agency credit card , service contract inventory , BRAC , A-76 , insourcing , Internet cookies
Job creation numbers in the stimulus are at the center of a storm.
Former Virginia Congressman Tom Davis said federal employees are on the chopping block because they are easy prey. Davis, now a director with Deloitte and Touche, said a letter from the Washington-D.C. area delegation could impact the potential two-year pay freeze the White House is proposing. The eight House members say feds are being targeted unfairly to help reduce the deficit.
The House measure wraps all the unfinished annual spending bills into a single catchall measure while freezing spending at last year's levels. One of the biggest surprises in the act is the inclusion of a two year pay freeze as proposed by President Obama.
Washington-area lawmakers move to put a freeze on the pay freeze, asking it be limited to one year.
Tags: GAO , DoD , GSA , management , NOAA , SSA , HHS , NIH , USDA , Census , health IT , Jerry Lewis , House Appropriations Committee , IG , CDC , Army Corps of Engineers , stimulus bill , federal spending , energy efficiency , modernization