Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: David Heyman
The Homeland Security Department is taking a two-pronged approach to protecting the federal supply chain. The first addresses the DHS mission cargo crossing into the U.S. The second is an interagency effort to ensure the government is working together on investigations. DHS said seizures of counterfeit goods at the border increased by 20 percent in 2011.
The Department of Homeland Security has completed the second phase of a long-term planning and review program. The so-called "Bottom-up Review" picks up where the ground-breaking Quadrennial Homeland Security Review left off earlier this year, and paves the way for the possibility of major changes in DHS programs to better fit the agency's mission.
For the first time since the founding of the agency, the Department of Homeland Security is getting an opportunity for some introspection and a look at whether its programs and priorities are "on mission." The Quadrennial Homeland Security Review, unlike other agency documents, was written and developed using a variation of popular web 2.0 collaboration tools.
Multiple hearings focus on figuring out what led to the Dec. 25 attempted terrorist attack. FBI, DHS, State offer details on what changes each made in the last month.
Tags: technology , management , Robert Mueller , Patrick Kennedy , Joseph Lieberman , Patrick Leahy , DHS , FBI , State , Judiciary Committee , Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committ , information sharing , Terrorist watch list , No fly list