Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: David Foley
Internal emails from the General Services Administration show high-level agency officials were aware of a spending problem months before the scandal burst into public view. And as early as last summer, officials disagreed over how to reprimand the employees responsible for excessive spending at a 2010 regional training conference.
The number two at the General Services Administration's Public Buildings Service is back at work after more than a month on administrative leave following an inspector general report that the agency spent $822,000 on a Las Vegas conference.
Oversight and Government Reform Committee subpoenas Jeff Neely, PBS region 9 commissioner, to appear. Along with Neely, PBS Deputy Commissioner David Foley and former Administrator Martha Johnson are on the witness list. The Transportation and Infrastructure Committee also is expected to hear from GSA Deputy Administrator Susan Brita, CFO Alison Doone and event planner Lisa Daniels.
Tags: management , GSA , Darrell Issa , House Oversight and Government Reform Commitee , House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee , Senate Environment and Public Works Commitee , Congress , House , Senate , Jeff Neely , Martha Johnson , Bob Peck , Susan Brita , John Mica , Brian Miller , Shakeup at GSA , oversight , Jason Miller
David Foley, the deputy Public Buildings Service commissioner, becomes the fourth senior executive at headquarters to feel the aftershocks of the IG's scathing report on excessive spending and waste. Lawmakers have scheduled three hearings next week.
Agency officials say the House's proposed budget could mean furloughs and layoffs. Reduced funding also could slow the construction of SSA's new data center. Officials say the current computer center poses a high risk for outages that would impact critical operations.
Tags: management , technology , SSA , GSA , House Ways and Means Committee , budget cuts , furloughs , national computer center , AFGE , Patrick O'Carroll , Kelly Croft , Witold Skwierczynski , Meg Beasley