Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: David Barno
Twelve years of warfighting has left the military's generals and admirals without the necessary training and experience to deal with their new roles as enterprise managers.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Lt. Gen. David Barno, a senior adviser and senior fellow at the Center for a New American Security and a retired Army general, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss his testimony before the Senate Budget Committee about the Defense Department's 2013 budget request.
The Senate Budget Committee examined the FY 2013 budget request for the Defense Department Tuesday. Committee Chairman Kent Conrad (D-N.D.) said providing funding for national security is the "single most important responsibility" of lawmakers and the government. Three expert witnesses also testified.