Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Dave McClure
2010 ELC plans to bring together leaders from government and industry to discuss how results-oriented approaches are working, how to address existing capability gaps, and how to sustain continuous government transformation. We get a preview from conference chairs Kathy Conrad and Dave McClure.
Keith Thurston will work with Dave McClure on e-government efforts as will the Data.gov team. GSA also is hiring full-time employees to help the assorted CXO councils.
Cloud computing is going to save agencies lots of money, Brookings scholar says, and there's no reason to wait.
Agencies launch redesigned governmentwide portal with Microsoft's Bing search engine. As a part of the launch, OMB and GSA make 18 mobile applications available from agencies across the government. Federal CIO Kundra says the government must improve how citizens access information and interact with agencies.
Federal agencies are under the gun to develop strategies for moving many of their IT functions into the cloud.
Tags: In Depth , Francis Rose , House Oversight and Government Reform Commitee , cloud computing , technology , acquisition , Edolphus Towns , Darrell Issa , Vivek Kundra , Cita Furlani , Greg Wilshusen
Despite the potential benefits, a congressional watchdog warns that a more detailed game plan is needed to cover security and procedural concerns about cloud computing voiced by federal agencies themselves.
The Future of Public Sector Workforce and Workspace Sustainability is a series featuring a panel of renowned government and technology-industry experts. The panel, The changing state of Public Sector collaboration and associated operations, the first in the series looks at the challenges and evolving landscape facing Public Sector agencies, and how advanced collaboration models and solutions help organizations raise performance and satisfy citizen demands.
Agency plans to release a RFI for software-as-a-service in the next week, and a RFQ for infrastructure-as-a-service in the next month. GSA says it has learned from the previous acquisition attempts and will come out with strategies that better fit agency needs, and vendor offerings.
Federal agencies are increasingly turning to the tools of social collaboration, and doing it in a way that fits the mission of the organization.
Agencies across the federal government are embracing the tools of social collaboration to become more accessible to citizens. An IT industry group that includes many federal IT officials heard from three of the top government experts in the field.