Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Dave Bowen
DoD opens its electronic medical records to VA claims processors for the first time. The goal is to shave days or weeks from the time it takes VA to decide disability claims for recently separated service members. But the launch of the system has had a few bugs.
Tags: technology , Health IT , information sharing , VA , Defense Health Agency , House Veterans Affairs Committee , AFGE , Richard Thomas , Gerald Manar , Veterans of Foreign Wars , Eric Jenkins , Lorraine Landfried , Jared Serbu
Dave Bowen, the director of health care IT and chief information officer for DHA, said the business case for the three-month-old organization shows potential savings by eliminating duplicative systems, networks and applications.
Dave Bowen, the director of health care IT and CIO of the Defense Health Agency, joined Federal News Radio for an online chat on Monday, Jan. 13. View the archived discussion now.
Tags: technology , Federal Executive Forum , cyber security , DHS , DoD , FAA , cyber , security , Robert Lentz , Greg Schaffer , Fred Newberry , Cisco , John Bordwine , Symantec , Sam Chun , EDS , Jim Flyzik , Flyzik Group
Listen On Demand Below