Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Dave Bowen
Listen Tuesday July 8th @ 12pm
Join host Michael Keegan this week for The Business of Government Magazine -- A SPECIAL EDITION of The Business of Government Hour. What trends are driving change in government? How can government executives' better correlate short-term decision-making with long-range consequences? AND what are they doing to leverage technology and innovation to be more efficient, anticipatory, and evidence-based? Hear from Dr. Tony Fauci, VADM Mark Harnitchek, Dave Lebryk, Kathy Stack, Curt Coy, Dave Bowen, Mary Davie, and more on The Business of Government Hour.
Tags: Business of Government Hour , IBM Business of Government , Michael Keegan , Business of Government Magazine , management , Tony Fauci , Mark Harnitchek , Dave Lebryk , Kathy Stack , Curt Coy , Mary Davie
From health records to rubber gloves, the Defense Health Agency is streamlining health care at the Pentagon. In this week's Agency of the Month radio show, host Lauren Larson speaks with Navy Capt. James Poindexter, acting division chief of Medical Logistics Shared Services, and Dave Bowen, director of health care IT and chief information officer at the Defense Health Agency.
The Defense Health agency is streamlining healthcare. It's standardizing the clinical process across its 57 hospitals and 300 clinics and cutting back on excess medical supplies, with the help of the Defense Logistics Agency. Dave Bowen is director of health care IT and chief information officer of the Defense Health Agency. Navy Capt. James Poindexter is acting division chief of Medical Logistics Shared Services. In this week's edition of Agency of the Month, they tell Federal News Radio's Lauren Larson how the new processes save the agency money. Read Federal News Radio's related article.
DoD opens its electronic medical records to VA claims processors for the first time. The goal is to shave days or weeks from the time it takes VA to decide disability claims for recently separated service members. But the launch of the system has had a few bugs.
Tags: technology , health IT , information sharing , VA , Defense Health Agency , House Veterans Affairs Committee , AFGE , Richard Thomas , Gerald Manar , Veterans of Foreign Wars , Eric Jenkins , Lorraine Landfried , Jared Serbu
Dave Bowen, the director of health care IT and chief information officer for DHA, said the business case for the three-month-old organization shows potential savings by eliminating duplicative systems, networks and applications.
Dave Bowen, the director of health care IT and CIO of the Defense Health Agency, joined Federal News Radio for an online chat on Monday, Jan. 13. View the archived discussion now.
Tags: technology , Federal Executive Forum , cyber security , DHS , DoD , FAA , cyber , security , Robert Lentz , Greg Schaffer , Fred Newberry , cisco , John Bordwine , Symantec , Sam Chun , EDS , Jim Flyzik , Flyzik Group
Listen On Demand Below