Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Data.gov
Federal CIO says even these governmentwide investments were done in a silo. He says many of the initiatives are at a point where they need to be upgraded or reconsidered altogether. But, Kundra says many e-government projects are paying expected dividends.
Director of Sunlight Labs Clay Johnson says project will dovetail off of federal government's data.gov.
OMB Watch and 30 other open-gov groups are asking Congress to restore funding to the E-Government Fund.
OMB detailed its plans for using the $8 million E-Government Fund in a letter to Sen. Tom Carper. The administration will shut down two projects and reduce the functionalities of the others.
Tags: technology , Vivek Kundra , Tom Carper , OMB , GSA , E-Government Fund , open government , IT Dashboard , USASpending.gov , Performance.gov , FedSpace , Citizens Services Dashboard , Jason Miller
On the chopping block are the government's transparency programs and websites like USAspending.gov and Data.gov.
Federal CIO Kundra said an upcoming conference will help agencies share and find best practices for prioritizing data sets. Departments are struggling to meet stake holder demands for opening up data. Kundra said more and more these data sets are leading to third party applications.
Agency issues RFI looking for the right person from the public or private sector. The position includes outreach to user communities and identifying new technologies to make information more accessible to the public.
Read Vivek Kundra's new blog post.