Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Data mining
The Veterans Affairs Department is creating an acquisition cadre to work on complex projects. Glenn Haggstrom, VA's principal executive director of the Office of Acquisition, Logistics, and Construction, said the goal is to match experts with the needs across the department.
Peter Alterman, the senior advisor to the chief information officer at NIH, tells Federal News Radio his agency is "working to understand how new technology options can be used to advance the scientific research agenda" at the agency.
The Department of Homeland Security gets more Freedom of Information Act requests than any other agency. It's now assembling a new set of processes that will centralize requests by individuals who want to know what data the agency is storing about them.