Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Data mining
The Veterans Affairs Department is creating an acquisition cadre to work on complex projects. Glenn Haggstrom, VA's principal executive director of the Office of Acquisition, Logistics, and Construction, said the goal is to match experts with the needs across the department.
Peter Alterman, the senior advisor to the chief information officer at NIH, tells Federal News Radio his agency is "working to understand how new technology options can be used to advance the scientific research agenda" at the agency.
The Department of Homeland Security gets more Freedom of Information Act requests than any other agency. It's now assembling a new set of processes that will centralize requests by individuals who want to know what data the agency is storing about them.