Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Data center consolidation
Senior administration officials this morning will propose major changes to the way agencies buy, manage and implement technology over the next 18 months. The reforms include moving at least three technologies to the cloud, changing the role of CIOs and strengthening program management across the government. OMB applying industry best practices and lessons learned from TechStat sessions.
DHS CIO Richard Spires tells host Jason Miller about his agency's data center consolidation efforts and where the government is headed next.
December 2, 2010
The Office of Management and Budget announced five structural changes to put renewed focus on improving IT management. OMB CPO Jeffrey Zients says the way government currently budgets for and acquires IT is "broken."
Changes are coming to Defense Department IT spending. Input's Deniece Peterson predicts what's ahead.
OIG of DHS makes recommendations for the department's data center consolidation initiative.
ederal CIO Vivek Kundra explained why the data center consolidation is so important to the audience at FedTalks 2010.
Agriculture plans to update its second version of its green IT strategy this year. State is implementing power management tools and could save almost $2 million. Both agencies are making headway to change the culture of how IT is used by their respective employees.
Tags: green government , technology , Chris Smith , Susan Swart , USDA , State , green IT , data center consolidation , power management , GreenGov Symposium , Jason Miller , Greening of Government: Technology
This story is part of our daily DorobekINSIDER Must Reads. Be sure to check out the full list of stories.
Agency strategies to consolidate data centers are due to OMB by Aug. 30. Kundra says his office will approve them by Dec. 31. He advises agencies that this is more than a technology initiative.