Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Data center consolidation
Former EPA CIO Molly O'Neill highlights the top IT stories of this year in the DorobekINSIDER series, '2010 and Beyond.'
Tags: EPA , Molly O'Neill , IT , technology , data center consolidation , cloud computing , 2010 and Beyond , CGI Federal , Dorobek Insider , age of austerity , budget , management , innovation , WikiLeaks
The White House is adopting a “cloud first” policy and plans to reconfigure IT by consolidating federal data centers and applications. Federal CIO Vivek Kundra recently unveiled the plan, which calls for creating a Data Center Consolidation Task Force and closing at least 800 of the federal government’s 2,100 data centers over the next five [...]
Chris Kemp, CTO for IT at NASA, joins host John Gilroy to discuss the agency's Nebula Cloud Platform.
December 14, 2010
Senior administration officials this morning will propose major changes to the way agencies buy, manage and implement technology over the next 18 months. The reforms include moving at least three technologies to the cloud, changing the role of CIOs and strengthening program management across the government. OMB applying industry best practices and lessons learned from TechStat sessions.
DHS CIO Richard Spires tells host Jason Miller about his agency's data center consolidation efforts and where the government is headed next.
December 2, 2010
The Office of Management and Budget announced five structural changes to put renewed focus on improving IT management. OMB CPO Jeffrey Zients says the way government currently budgets for and acquires IT is "broken."
Changes are coming to Defense Department IT spending. Input's Deniece Peterson predicts what's ahead.
OIG of DHS makes recommendations for the department's data center consolidation initiative.
ederal CIO Vivek Kundra explained why the data center consolidation is so important to the audience at FedTalks 2010.