Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Data center consolidation
Host John Gilroy will talk cloud computing with Van Risau and David Blakenhorn, executives at DLT Solutions.
July 5, 2011
Tags: technology , cloud computing , dlt solutions , van ristu , van ristau , David Blankenhorn , data migration , data center consolidation , data loss , data privacy , sun microsystems , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk , ARMATURE
Mark Weber is the president of the U.S. public sector group of NetApp. He spoke to Federal News Radio about the report.
The Navy readies RFIs for email and data storage to figure out how to best reduce spending on non-mission critical systems. Navy CIO Terry Halvorsen is exploring whether DON's non-classified email can be hosted by a third party, and whether a public-private partnership can be developed around data centers. Navy has no plans to use the DISA email system.
Tags: DoD , Department of the Navy , Navy , Marine Corps , technology , industry , contracting , budget , DoD budget , efficiencies , data center consolidation , enterprise email , Terry Halvorsen , Robert Work , AFCEA , Jared Serbu
Terry Halvorsen, the Department of the Navy's chief information officer, said the Navy and Marine Corps should expect ruthless cost cutting in information technology. Halvorsen said if the services don't cut costs themselves, it will be done for them.
Tags: DoD , Department of the Navy , Navy , Marine Corps , technology , management , budget , DoD budget , efficiencies , data center consolidation , application rationalization , Enterprise software licensing , Terry Halvorsen , Janice Haith , Jared Serbu
Agency CIO Roger Baker said a new initiative will try to pare down the number of software packages employees use by 95 percent. The Ruthless Shutdown Project, is getting underway to address the proliferation of applications that is costing VA hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Brian McGrath, the chief information officer at the Census Bureau, says his agency is about to implement a “virtualization-first” policy. He tells Federal News Radio’s Jason Miller, “All new applications will be serviced via a virtualized guest as opposed to a bare-metal deployment of hardware. Unless there is a compelling engineering or architechture reason to [...]
Moving into a new building has allowed DISA to revamp its technology infrastructure, including consolidating circuits, servers and paper records. The Joint Task Force, National Capital Region Medical is building a new network to carry health data and applications for three services to share. Both organizations say without BRAC, these changes would have taken longer to happen.
Tags: BRAC , BRAC Impact , DISA , Army , Jason Miller , technology , DoD , Henry Sienkiewicz , Chuck Chapdelaine , Joint Task Force National Capital Region Medical , Navy , Air Force , Ft. Meade , records management , IP network , health IT , data center consolidation
Shape 'em up or shut 'em down - Department of Agriculture CIO Christopher Smith discusses thinning down your data centers.
Pete Tseronis, the chief technology officer at the Department of Energy, tells Federal News Radio federal data centers will start to look a lot like Facebook.
The Army is moving its email to the Defense Information Systems Agency's cloud. DISA's vice chief told reporters Tuesday that getting the rest of the military services on board was a question of when, not if.