Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Data center consolidation
Federal CIO Steve VanRoekel is testifying this morning before the House Oversight and Government Reform subcommittee on the progress of several IT reform initiatives. He says agencies are on track to close or consolidate more than 850 data centers in 2013.
Tags: technology , Steve VanRoekel , OMB , John Mica , Gerry Connolly , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , GSA , Dave McClure , GAO , Dave Powner , data center consolidation , PortfolioStat , IT consolidation , Jason Miller
Tony Celeste, director of Federal Sales at Brocade, will discuss best practices for designing a data center, and making it flexible enough to meet your agency's needs.
July 23, 2013
Tags: technology , cloud computing , data centers , data center consolidation , software defined , data center design , corporate networks , eslasticity , Tony Celeste , Brocade , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
Navy CIO Terry Halvorsen says the Navy and Marine Corps have already reduced IT spending by $2 billion, and will soon target billions more in technology spending.
Government auditors told House Oversight and Government Affairs members that saving money from closing more than 1,000 data centers needs to be metric. OMB said optimization of core data centers is a more important measure than straight cost savings.
b>Listen April 30th @ 12pm
Program will discuss the following: Progress Report on Virtualization & Data Center Consolidation, Key Benefits Associated with Virtualization & DCC, How Does Cloud Computing Get Factored into your Strategy, Major Challenges to Achieving their Goals, Is Security a concern in a Virtualized Environment, and A Future Vision for the next 1 to 3 years
Tags: Trezza Media Group , Virtualization , data center consolidation , technology , Ray Brow , Larry Grossman , Zach Baldwin , Darren House , Tim LeMaster , Julie Lockner , Informatica , Juniper Networks , Unicom
Federal CIO Steve VanRoekel said the new process is centered around three concepts: the why, the what and the results. The White House also is consolidating 30 reporting requirements into three that will help agencies determine answers to the three questions. OMB also updated the goals under the data center consolidation initiative.
As the Navy scours its IT systems to determine exactly what it owns, it's discovered it operates double the data centers and tens of thousands of servers and applications more than it previously thought. The findings come more than a decade after the Navy implemented its Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, which was supposed to reduce the number of disparate systems run by the agency and eliminate stovepipes. All told, Navy's IT budget could be as much as $4 billion more than it initially thought.
Tags: DoD , Navy , Janice Haith , technology , enterprise licenses agreements , contracting , industry , data center consolidation , application rationalization , Virtualization , IT efficiencies , budget , sequestration , continuing resolution , NMCI , NGEN , Jared Serbu
Lola Jordan and Fred Rowell from Companion Data Centers will discuss data center consolidation, cloud computing, social media, and more.
February 12, 2013
Tags: technology , Virtualization , Healthcare IT , data center consolidation , data management , Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services , Companion Data Services , Lola Jordan , Fred Rowell , HiMSS , enterprise architecture , software , Gov 2.0 , Federal Tech Talk , John Gilroy
Terry Edwards, the director of the Office of the Chief Systems Engineer and chief information officer for the assistant secretary for acquisition, logistics and technology, said his office helps acquire technology and ensure standards are met.
November 1, 2012(Encore presentation December 27, 2012)
A new Federal News Radio survey of federal chief information officers shows that budget cuts are among their biggest concerns. Senior technology managers also said among the biggest benefits they are seeing from moving systems to the cloud is cost savings. DoD deputy CIO Rob Carey said the Pentagon is setting certain changes in motion as part of its move to the cloud to help deal with an assortment of challenges.