Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Daniel Akaka
Agencies will have defined benchmarks to hit for training current and future managers.
What's the best way to train the next generation of federal agency supervisors? a Senate panel holds an oversight hearing exploring proposed legislation to improve the way that potential mid-level managers are trained, and ways to continue and enhance the training and experience they already have.
Tags: management , Pay&benefits , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Nancy Kichak , OPM , Marilee Fitzgerald , DoD , defense , John Palguta , Partnership for Public Service , Max Cacas
The recent presidential transition from the Bush to Obama Administrations has been called one of the best in history. But lawmakers are considering legislation that would further streamline the peaceful hand-off of governmental authority. Would a reduction in the number of political appointees requiring Senate confirmation be part of that streamlining?
New bill hopes to address remaining challenges to improve the security clearance process. The legislation would require this new council to submit a new strategic plan and technology plan.
Anyone now working for the Federal Government or who knows someone who is a fed likely has their own story of how long it took to get the job. In some cases, it can take up to a year for some high-security jobs. But does it really have to be that way? Federal News Radio's Max Cacas continues our week-long special series, "the Five Fallacies of Government". Today: "The federal hiring process must be slow and arduous."
Tags: series , fallacies , mngt , P&B , Senate Subcommittee on the Oversight of Government , federal workforce , George Voinovich , John Berry , OPM , Jeffrey Zients , OMB , President Obama , Max Cacas , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
A Senate committee has held nomination hearings for the two newest members of the Merit Systems Protection Board -- the independent federal panel designated to hear federal worker appeals of personnel decisions made by their agencies. The two nominees, who will be chairman and vice chairman of MSPB, have long backgrounds in work with federal employee unions.
What Congress is doing to keep feds off the roads and on the cyberhighways.