Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Dan Gordon
OFPP issued a new memo encouraging departments to consider if the product or service they are buying meets sustainable standards. The memo is another in a series of directives to green the government.
The Office of Federal Procurement Policy and GSA are working on a directory of Federal Supply Schedule blanket purchase agreements. The database would help fix one of the "biggest blind spots" in federal acquisition today, said Dan Gordon, OFPP administrator. OFPP's memo to require business cases for multiple-award contracts received praise for its direct and specific requirements.
Tags: acquisition , acquisition policy , OFPP , GSA , Interagency contracting , mulitiple-award contracts , business cases , Marcia Madsen , Mayer Brown , Stan Livingstone , ASI Government , Jason Miller , contracting
Agencies must develop a business case and post it on an internal government site for others to comment on. OFPP also wants senior acquisition officials to sign off on justifications before moving out with a final solicitation. The new guidance comes as GAO and others have found the proliferation of multiple award contracts is costing agencies and vendors millions of dollars.
OFPP administrator Dan Gordon said the morale of contracting officers and other acquisition workers is improving. OPM issued a new IT program and project management competency guidance.
Despite pushback on some issues by industry, Dan Gordon listens to input from all sides as the Office of Federal Procurement Policy continues to follow its own path to reform the acquisition process. The OFPP administrator said his office is close to issuing new guidance around business cases for multiple award contracts and a final rule redefining inherently governmental jobs.
Tags: contracting , industry , OFPP , Trey Hodgkins , TechAmerica , insourcing , outsourcing , acquisition policy , acquisition regulations , FAR Council , interim rules , inherently governmental , Multiple award contracts , office supplies bpa , mythbusting campaign , Jason Miller
OFPP defines critical functions that are considered core capabilities of agency employees. We get details from Administrator Dan Gordon.
A new report from OFPP finds agencies spent a billion dollars less on time-and-materials and labor hours type contracts in 2010. Still, OFPP found an overall increase in cost-reimbursement type contracts. Agencies have a goal to reduce by 10 percent these types of contracts, which the administration calls risky.
OMB will tell agencies to focus on management support service contracts and reduce spending by $6 billion. OMB said contracting for management support services grew at a faster rate than other types of contracting. The initiative is part of the administration's Campaign to Cut Waste.
Tags: contracting , Jeff Zients , OFPP , OMB , service contracting , management support services , Campaign to Cut Waste , Jason Miller , Richard Ginman , Commerce , Trey Hodgkins , Stan Soloway , TechAmerica , Professional Services Council , DoD
Office of Federal Procurement Policy Administrator Dan Gordon issued a memo asking for agencies to improve their internal controls for collecting and submitting acquisition data. The Federal Procurement Data System has had data quality issues for more than a decade.
OFPP administrator Dan Gordon told a Senate committee that a new rule to add more oversight to multi-agency contracts should be out soon. Agencies wanting to develop new multiple award contracts will have to justify them before going forward. OFPP is also trying to use strategic sourcing to take advantage of the government's buying power.
Tags: management , contracting , Gene Dodaro , Joseph Lieberman , OFPP , GAO , GSA , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Interagency contracting , GWACs , Multiple award contracts , BPAs , duplicative programs , Jason Miller