Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Dan Gordon
Acquisition Academy training current and future contracting professionals. The school is open to VA and other civilian agency acquisition workers. VA to add facilities management to curriculum in 2011.
OFPP administrator Gordon says the draft of the new definition of "inherently governmental" should be public by the end of March. He says the goal of the draft policy letter is to better clarify federal and vendor roles. OFPP is also focusing on multiple award contracts and strategic sourcing.
Tags: contracting , OFPP , GSA , Bill Gormley , Washington Management Group , Coalition for Government Procurement , Multiple award contracts , inherently governmental , A-76 , strategic sourcing , SmartBUY , acquisition workforce
Agencies must provide details to OFPP on how they review and deal with vendors who have not paid their taxes. IRS also is conducting a survey of its records. OMB will send President Obama a list of recommendations to improve agency processes.
Nominee didn't offer a lot of specifics about his vision or priorities when it comes to acquisition reform or improvements. Gordon did address multiple award contracting and strategic sourcing. Lawmakers express concern that OFPP needs more staff.
Tags: contracting , mngt , Jeffrey Zients , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , George Voinovich , OMB , OFPP , GAO , Robert Burton , Venable , insourcing , acquisition workforce , Multiple award contracts
OFPP issued a new memo encouraging departments to consider if the product or service they are buying meets sustainable standards. The memo is another in a series of directives to green the government.
The Office of Federal Procurement Policy and GSA are working on a directory of Federal Supply Schedule blanket purchase agreements. The database would help fix one of the "biggest blind spots" in federal acquisition today, said Dan Gordon, OFPP administrator. OFPP's memo to require business cases for multiple-award contracts received praise for its direct and specific requirements.
Tags: acquisition , acquisition policy , OFPP , GSA , Interagency contracting , mulitiple-award contracts , business cases , Marcia Madsen , Mayer Brown , Stan Livingstone , ASI Government , Jason Miller , contracting
Agencies must develop a business case and post it on an internal government site for others to comment on. OFPP also wants senior acquisition officials to sign off on justifications before moving out with a final solicitation. The new guidance comes as GAO and others have found the proliferation of multiple award contracts is costing agencies and vendors millions of dollars.
OFPP administrator Dan Gordon said the morale of contracting officers and other acquisition workers is improving. OPM issued a new IT program and project management competency guidance.
Despite pushback on some issues by industry, Dan Gordon listens to input from all sides as the Office of Federal Procurement Policy continues to follow its own path to reform the acquisition process. The OFPP administrator said his office is close to issuing new guidance around business cases for multiple award contracts and a final rule redefining inherently governmental jobs.
Tags: contracting , industry , OFPP , Trey Hodgkins , TechAmerica , insourcing , outsourcing , acquisition policy , acquisition regulations , FAR Council , interim rules , inherently governmental , Multiple award contracts , office supplies bpa , mythbusting campaign , Jason Miller
OFPP defines critical functions that are considered core capabilities of agency employees. We get details from Administrator Dan Gordon.