Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Dan Gordon
WFED's Jason Miller reports.
Federal News Radio has obtained the draft policy letter that will standardize and help explain what jobs should only be done by federal employees. OFPP is expected to issue the draft policy letter tomorrow. The draft policy provides 20 examples of inherently governmental jobs and 19 that are considered closely associated with inherently governmental.
Agencies are getting a better understanding whether they over-rely on contractors. Vendors are mostly happy with the draft policy detailing how agencies should decide which jobs should be done only by federal employees. OMB expects 24 demonstration projects to finish by early May.
Tags: contracting , Jeff Zients , OMB , OFPP , TechAmerica , Professional Services Council , Business Coalition for Fair Competition , Trey Hodgkins , Stan Soloway , inherently governmental , insourcing , A-76
Acquisition Academy training current and future contracting professionals. The school is open to VA and other civilian agency acquisition workers. VA to add facilities management to curriculum in 2011.
OFPP administrator Gordon says the draft of the new definition of "inherently governmental" should be public by the end of March. He says the goal of the draft policy letter is to better clarify federal and vendor roles. OFPP is also focusing on multiple award contracts and strategic sourcing.
Tags: contracting , OFPP , GSA , Bill Gormley , Washington Management Group , Coalition for Government Procurement , Multiple award contracts , inherently governmental , A-76 , strategic sourcing , SmartBUY , acquisition workforce
Agencies must provide details to OFPP on how they review and deal with vendors who have not paid their taxes. IRS also is conducting a survey of its records. OMB will send President Obama a list of recommendations to improve agency processes.
Nominee didn't offer a lot of specifics about his vision or priorities when it comes to acquisition reform or improvements. Gordon did address multiple award contracting and strategic sourcing. Lawmakers express concern that OFPP needs more staff.
Tags: contracting , mngt , Jeffrey Zients , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , George Voinovich , OMB , OFPP , GAO , Robert Burton , Venable , insourcing , acquisition workforce , Multiple award contracts