Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Dan Gordon
Host Roger Waldron talks procurement and other issues with Dan Gordon, outgoing administrator for Federal Procurement Policy at the Office of Management and Budget.
December 20, 2011(Encore presentation January 3, 2011)
Tags: acquisition , procurement , contracting , OFPP , OMB , strategic sourcing , management support services , acquisition workforce , small business , set aside contracts , Multiple award contracts , 2010 Small Business Jobs Act , George Washington University School of Law , Roger Waldron , Off the Shelf
OFPP Administrator Dan Gordon looks back on his tenure highlighting the successes of his office. Gordon will become the associate dean of contracts law at The George Washington University in January. He said improvements to the acquisition workforce and the implementation of strategic sourcing are among his accomplishments.
Procurement experts say the increased use of this punishment is the "death penalty" for the vendors. Lawmakers say agencies need penalize bad actors more aggressively.
Tags: acquisition , contracting , industry , Susan Collins , Joseph Lieberman , GAO , OFPP , Senate Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Co , supension and debarment , Bill Shook , Shook-Donan , Joe Hornyak , Holland and Knight , Jason Miller
OMB details the 12 product service codes and specific steps agencies must take over the next year to cut 15 percent of their management service contracts next year. Agencies spent $44 billion on these contracts in 2011.
Progress has been made in better recruiting and training the acquisition workforce, but budget cuts could threaten years of progress, outgoing OFPP administrator Dan Gordon said at a House Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee hearing on Wednesday.
Tags: acquisition , workforce , acquisition workforce , DoD , DAU , FAI , Donna Jenkins , Katrina McFarland , Roger Jordan , PSC , Gerry Connolly , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Jared Serbu
A new report finds agency data is dubious and lacks reliability. OFPP disagrees with GAO's findings.
Soloway, whose group represents scores of government contractors, discussed how federal procurement reforms have been viewed on the industry side.
Roger Waldron, president of the Coalition for Government Procurement, and Rob Burton, former acting OFPP administrator, outline what they think the criteria should be for the new OFPP administrator
On the heels of the announcement that Dan Gordon will step down as OFPP administrator, experts evaluate his legacy and discuss the process and pitfalls of naming a successor.
The Morning Federal Newscast is a daily compilation of the stories you hear Federal Drive hosts Tom Temin and Amy Morris discuss throughout the show each day. The Newscast is designed to give FederalNewsRadio.com users more information about the stories you hear on the air.