Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Dan Gordon
Federal News Radio's Jason Miller offers his top stories of 2011 and predictions for 2012.
Tags: technology , acquisition , 2011 and Beyond , Jason Miller , cybersecurity , acquisition workforce , shared services , cloud computing , mobile , open government , HSPD-12 , identity management , NSTIC , E-Government Fund
As part of the Defense Authorization bill, lawmakers approve the FAI Improvement Act. The provision reaffirms the organization's role to oversee and train the civilian acquisition workforce. It also gives OFPP more oversight over the funding and development of procurement education.
Tags: acquisition , acquisition workforce , Susan Collins , Gerry Connolly , Congress , Federal Acquisition Institute Improvement Act , Federal Acquisition Institute , Alan Chvotkin , Professional Services Council , Stan Livingstone , ASI Government , House Armed Services Committee , Senate Armed Service Committee , House Oversight and Government Reform Commitee , training , 2012 Defense Authorization bill , Jason Miller
A new memo from OFPP and OMB tells agencies to improve training to buy more from small businesses through the government charge card.
Host Roger Waldron talks procurement and other issues with Dan Gordon, outgoing administrator for Federal Procurement Policy at the Office of Management and Budget.
December 20, 2011(Encore presentation January 3, 2011)
Tags: acquisition , procurement , contracting , OFPP , OMB , strategic sourcing , management support services , acquisition workforce , small business , set aside contracts , Multiple award contracts , 2010 Small Business Jobs Act , George Washington University School of Law , Roger Waldron , Off the Shelf
OFPP Administrator Dan Gordon looks back on his tenure highlighting the successes of his office. Gordon will become the associate dean of contracts law at The George Washington University in January. He said improvements to the acquisition workforce and the implementation of strategic sourcing are among his accomplishments.
Procurement experts say the increased use of this punishment is the "death penalty" for the vendors. Lawmakers say agencies need penalize bad actors more aggressively.
Tags: acquisition , contracting , industry , Susan Collins , Joseph Lieberman , GAO , OFPP , Senate Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Co , supension and debarment , Bill Shook , Shook-Donan , Joe Hornyak , Holland and Knight , Jason Miller
OMB details the 12 product service codes and specific steps agencies must take over the next year to cut 15 percent of their management service contracts next year. Agencies spent $44 billion on these contracts in 2011.
Progress has been made in better recruiting and training the acquisition workforce, but budget cuts could threaten years of progress, outgoing OFPP administrator Dan Gordon said at a House Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee hearing on Wednesday.
Tags: acquisition , workforce , acquisition workforce , DoD , DAU , FAI , Donna Jenkins , Katrina McFarland , Roger Jordan , PSC , Gerry Connolly , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Jared Serbu
A new report finds agency data is dubious and lacks reliability. OFPP disagrees with GAO's findings.
Soloway, whose group represents scores of government contractors, discussed how federal procurement reforms have been viewed on the industry side.