Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Dan Chenok
Host Francis Rose counts down the top federal news stories of the week with Dan Chenok of the IBM Center for the Business of Government and Bob Suda of Suda and Associates.
Dan Chenok of the IBM Center for the Business of Government and Alan Chvotkin of the Professional Services Council join Francis Rose to count down the top federal news stories of the week.
OMB wants agencies to revisit their program evaluation metrics
Several sites, including Data.gov, the IT Dashboard and the FEDRamp cloud efforts, could be shut down in the next two months if the administration doesn't get more money under the E-government fund. In all, nine sites are on the list to be discontinued by July 30 if OMB doesn't find money to keep it going. Experts say OMB has several ways to keep the sites up, including pass-the-hat among agencies.
Tags: technology , Vivek Kundra , OMB , GSA , Joseph Lieberman , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , House Appropriations Committee , IBM , Fred Corle , KGS Inc. , Daniel Schuman , Sunlight Foundation , E-Government Fund , open government , transparency , Jason Miller
Howard Schmidt is moving into his new job "at Mach Four with his hair on fire," according to one of today's panelists.
White House officials say examples of open government will help alter perceptions