Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Dan Chenok
On the Federal Drive show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Dan Chenok, executive director of the IBM Center for the Business of Government, and Jason Miller, Federal News Radio executive editor, count down the top federal news stories of the week.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
The federal government will face an array of issues and challenges this year. But Dan Chenok, the executive director of the IBM Center for the Business of Government, says a focus on strategy planning — at the beginning of the year — will save federal managers a few headaches further down the road.
The 10-year-old law created a centralized oversight and advocate in OMB for IT management and programs. It also focused on making the government more citizen-centered and having agencies collaborate on delivering services to the public.
Tags: technology , management , Karen Evans , Kevin Landy , Mark Forman , Doug Bourgeois , Information Technology and Innovation Foundation , E-Government Act of 2002 , FISMA , IBM , Government Transaction Services , VMware , Jason Miller
Attorney Lynne Bernabei examines a recent ruling that allows feds to file some MSPB appeals in district courts. GAO's Michele Mackin describes why more than 40 contracts worth more than $20 million each were awarded without meeting new guidelines. Former White House official Dan Chenok discusses the highs and lows of the E-Government Act. Melanie Ann Pustay of the Justice Department talks about how agencies report their Freedom of Information Act request fulfillment.
Tags: Lynne Bernabei , Melanie Ann Pustay , Michele Mackin , Merit Systems Protection Board , GAO , FOIA , E-Government Reauthorization Act , Justice Department , Federal Drive , DoD , DoD Report , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update
A group of former federal cybersecurity experts and professionals have made recommendations for improving federal cybersecurity guidance, such as the Office of Management and Budget's Circular A-130.
A group of experts released a white paper recommending changes to OMB Circular A-130. The suggestions center on continuous monitoring, the role of DHS in overseeing FISMA and the definitions of a major IT system and a national security system.
Roy Smith of the Interactive Technology Group talks about his career in procurement. Anthony Vegliante of the USPS says no more buyouts. Kevin Concannon of the USDA discusses support for hurricane victims. IBM's Dan Chenok reviews the challenges President Obama may face in his second term.
Tags: Roy Smith , Interactive Technology Group , acquisitions , Anthony Vegliante , USPS , Agency of the Month , Kevin Concannon , USDA , Hurricane Sandy , Center for Business of Government , IBM Center for the Business of Government , Federal Drive
Six years after the Veterans Affairs data breach, civilian agency networks and computers are more secure. Current and former federal officials and cyber experts say from secretaries on down, the threat of a cyber attack and the impact on mission is well understood.
Tags: technology , Cybersecurity Rising , IBM , Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board , Karen Evans , U.S. Cyber Challenge , Alan Paller , SANS Institute , Jeff Eisensmith , Immigration and Customs Enforcement , DHS , OMB , cybersecurity , Paul Nicholas , Microsoft , TIC , Federal Desktop Core Configuration , FISMA , continuous monitoring , Cyber Workforce , Jason Miller