Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Dale Deshotel
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Rep. Hank Johnson, D-Ga., voices his concern about federal employee furloughs and the long-term consequences of sequestration. AFGE Council of Prison Locals President Dale Deshotel describes life as a correctional officer in the Bureau of Prisons while Department of Defense Local 2077 President Jon Suminski discusses the consequences of furloughs at Selfridge Air National Guard Base in Michigan.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Council of Prison Locals President Dale Deshotel addresses workplace safety concerns as assaults on staff continue in the Bureau of Prisons. California Labor Federation Executive Secretary-Treasurer Art Pulaski continues the workplace safety discussion while AFGE Department of Defense Local 2228 David Bamburg details the impact of federal employee furloughs at Ellsworth AFB.
Dale Deshotel of the American Federation of Government Employees discusses how sequestration is impacted correctional employees. Fred Chang of 21CT says cybersecurity is too reactive and after the fact. Michael Daniel, White House cybersecurity coordinator, discusses a shift in cyber strategy. Capt. Bryce Cooper and Deana Archambault talk about new body armor for female soldiers.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Council of Prison Locals President Dale Deshotel advocates for additional staff and protective equipment for BOP correctional officers in the wake of an officer killed in the line of duty. Jean Dearden of the National Labor College discusses NLC's Bonnie Ladin Union Skills Program while Democracy for America Chair Jim Dean argues for the preservation of Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. AFGE VA Local 1843 representatives Kelvin Flannery and Betty White address the impact sequestration would have on veterans.
Employees at TSA, CBP and Bureau of Prisons will no longer be able to work overtime. SSA offers its employees a new round of early retirements to deal with budget shortfalls. AFGE continues to press Congress, White House to stop sequestration.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE Defense Conference Chair Don Hale discusses the possibility of furloughs for civilian DoD workers if sequestration occurs. Alliance for American Manufacturing President Scott Paul addresses China's impact on U.S. manufacturing while Robyn Kehoe of the Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund details FEEA's work with AFGE to aid Superstorm Sandy victims. AFGE Council of Prison Locals President Dale Deshotel also appears.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE Legislative and Political Director Beth Moten will preview the union's 2013 Legislative and Grassroots Mobilization Conference Feb. 10 - 13. AFGE Council of Prison Locals President Dale Deshotel and National Council of SSA Field Operations Locals President Witold Skwierczynski also address issues at their respective agencies.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Council of Prison Locals President Dale Deshotel discusses a new GAO report about the impact of overcrowding in federal prisons. Also, more coverage from the Democratic National Convention with AFGE National President J. David Cox, Save the Children SVP Mark Shriver and former Clinton White House spokesman Bob Weiner.
New BOP policy allows correctional officers to carry pepper spray - July 13th, 2012 and July 20th, 2012
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE Council of Prison Locals President Dale Deshotel details a new BOP pilot program that will arm some correctional officers with pepper spray. Betsy Myers, author of "Take the Lead: Motivate, Inspire, and Bring Out the Best in Yourself and Everyone Around You," and AFGE VA Local 1988 EVP Geddes Scott also appear.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Council of Prison Locals President Dale Deshotel and TSA Local 1120 Montana Vice President Eric Wood shed light on the dangers of privatization at their agencies. Food & Water Watch Senior Lobbyist Tony Corbo addresses ongoing concerns with a proposal to change federal poultry inspections while AFGE DoD Local 2142 President Joe Gonzales details the impact of workplace conditions on employee morale.