Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DOT
President Obama will issue an executive order in the next week detailing steps agencies must take to reduce the amount of improper payments. OMB will set up a new online dashboard to track these expenditures, similar to the one for IT projects. Executive order also will implement stricter requirements for contractors to report overpayments.
Agency offering to help others transition to new telecommunications contract in any way possible. Only 28 percent of all agency services have moved to Networx so far.
Tags: contracting , technology , Karl Krumbholz , GSA , Energy , DoT , DoL , State , USDA , SSA , Treasury , IAC , AT&T , Verizon , Qwest , Networx , Connections , telecommunications , cybersecurity , TIC
Ground satellite system gets go-ahead to expand nationwide
Virginia's Mark Warner says paying for the needed changes as a result of the Base Realignment and Closure may mean more tolls or a new tax based on how many miles you drive every day.
A new project is helping the Transportation Department use Web 2.0 to get public input about proposed rules.
Under stimulus funds, $1.5 billion in TIGER (Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery) Discretionary Grants were made available for surface transportation projects.