Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DOT
Special Counsel Carolyn Lerner sent a letter to President Barack Obama Tuesday, calling attention to reports of safety lapses at some U.S. commercial aviation facilities. She also criticized the Federal Aviation Administration for delays in responding to whistleblower disclosures.
The DOT issued a request for proposals for 130 new bi-level cars for intercity Amtrak routes. The buy is potentially worth $551 million
The House has passed a stopgap three-month transportation bill to keep federal aid flowing to construction projects — delaying a vote on a larger bill that included increasing federal employees' retirement contributions.
The Federal Aviation Administration has expanded a project that allows controllers who make a mistake to report the incident without fear of instant reprisal.
Ground satellite system gets go-ahead to expand nationwide
The General Services Administration in the next week will unveil a new system making it easier for agencies to understand if a contractor is found guilty of breaking a law.
Tags: contracting , Elaine Duke , Drew Luten , Greg Woods , Richard Skinner , Calvin Scovel , Ed Towns , Donald Gambatesa , DHS , DoT , USAID , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , GSA , suspension and debarment , contractor oversight , FAPIIS , PPIRS
IT security also to be worked into federal segment architecture methodology