Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DOE
Inside the Reporter's Notebook: Category management launches five pilots; more vendor past performance data
In this edition of Inside the Reporter's Notebook, Executive Editor Jason Miller shares news and buzz about the IT and acquisition communities.
Tags: Inside the Reporters Notebook , Jason Miller , Defense Intelligence Agency , DoE , Commerce , Mike Maraya , cybersecurity , Rod Turk , Grant Schneider , Sydney Smith-Heimbrock , Marie Davie , Marty Jennings , Tom Sharpe , Dick Ginman , Alan Chvotkin , GSA , OFPP , category management , Lesley Field , Past performance , Technology , people , Acquisition , Professional Services Council
Madelyn Creedon was confirmed by the Senate Wednesday to be the Energy Department's principal deputy administrator for the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA)
The General Services Administration's Net-Zero Energy Task Group is planning to produce a draft letter with clear goals and guidance for net-zero energy buildings by this September.
The Office of Science and Technology Policy and the Department of Energy are simplifying intellectual property licensing, and encouraging more private sector involvement in federally-funded research and development.
Bob Brese, chief information officer at the Department of Energy, joins Federal News Radio's Jason Miller for an online chat.
With 30 years of experience as a federal employee, Thomas Williams considers the government a great place to work. He even encouraged his youngest daughter to follow in the footsteps of her father, grandfather and great-grandfather. His leadership skills have earned him the honor of being names one of Federal News Radio's Top Leaders in Federal Service.
Agencies are installing white, reflective roofs, solar panels and plant-filled green roofs to cut down on energy costs and save taxpayers money. This is all in response to President Barack Obama's executive order requiring agencies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and increase energy efficiency.
Tags: Jennifer MacDonald , Mark Sprouse , Steven Chu , DoE , sustainability , green government , Green Government Initiative , cool roofs , National Archives , Obama Impact , management , Michael OConnell
Tom Schatz, president of Citizens Against Government Waste, says the government is paying for private employees' retirements has been a legitimate business expense for years under cost-accounting standards.
The agencies are making $30 million available for companies to investigate the possibilities for creating military biofuels. The projects could help achieve the President's energy goals, military energy security and rural economic improvement.