Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DNA
The Defense Logistics Agency recently sponsored a program to tag microchips with plant DNA. It was so successful that the DLA is adding a second phase.
So did US drones kill Usama Bin Laden's son Saad? Words like probably and likely are being used to address the question. Why? Intelligence sources close to the situation say when people are killed in missile strikes, the only way to identify them is to test the DNA at the scene. Problem is in some countries for a number of reasons. DNA testing is not allowed. So, without a body, there's no way to say for sure that he was killed or even there.
DoJ IG finds the agency now processes 60,000 profiles a month instead of 1,700. The bureau may need to continue its hiring spree to keep up with the DNA data coming in.
Montgomery County police have made an arrest in a rape that occurred more than 25 years ago.
Should Virginia use the DNA of one person to catch a relative who may have committed a crime? That's what the state's crime commission will consider on Monday.
After a six-day break, the trial of the man accused of murdering Chandra Levy resumed Wednesday morning.
A former cellmate of Ingmar Guandique testified on Thursday that Guandique admitted killing Chandra Levy, but didn't realize it at the time of the attack.
Tags: Chandra Levy , Chandra Levy murder trial , Ingmar Guandique , Neal Augenstein , D.C. Superior Court , Armando Moralas , MS-13 , Rock Creek Park , D.C. police , Susan Levy , Gary Condit , Mark Segraves , Gerald Fisher
There may be a new technique to try and catch the man who has been dubbed the "East Coast Rapist."