Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DNA
The Defense Logistics Agency recently sponsored a program to tag microchips with plant DNA. It was so successful that the DLA is adding a second phase.
So did US drones kill Usama Bin Laden's son Saad? Words like probably and likely are being used to address the question. Why? Intelligence sources close to the situation say when people are killed in missile strikes, the only way to identify them is to test the DNA at the scene. Problem is in some countries for a number of reasons. DNA testing is not allowed. So, without a body, there's no way to say for sure that he was killed or even there.
DoJ IG finds the agency now processes 60,000 profiles a month instead of 1,700. The bureau may need to continue its hiring spree to keep up with the DNA data coming in.
Montgomery County police have made an arrest in a rape that occurred more than 25 years ago.
Should Virginia use the DNA of one person to catch a relative who may have committed a crime? That's what the state's crime commission will consider on Monday.
After a six-day break, the trial of the man accused of murdering Chandra Levy resumed Wednesday morning.
A former cellmate of Ingmar Guandique testified on Thursday that Guandique admitted killing Chandra Levy, but didn't realize it at the time of the attack.
Tags: Chandra Levy , Chandra Levy murder trial , Ingmar Guandique , Neal Augenstein , D.C. Superior Court , Armando Moralas , MS-13 , Rock Creek Park , D.C. police , Susan Levy , Gary Condit , Mark Segraves , Gerald Fisher
There may be a new technique to try and catch the man who has been dubbed the "East Coast Rapist."