Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DMDC
The number of reported sexual assaults declined at the Air Force Academy and West Point, and increased slightly at the U.S. Naval Academy. But DoD officials can't determine whether that reflects an increase or decrease of actual crimes.
As the Defense Department builds out a technology infrastructure that's designed to be the latest generation of commercial mobile devices into users' hands, it's still unsure how to meet a key security requirement: identity management systems that comply with the military's existing requirements for secure user authentication.
Tags: DoD , technology , mobile computing , Bring your own device , identity management , Common Access Card , public key infrastructure , DISA , Marine Corps , Greg Youst , Michael Butler , Rob Anderson , AFCEA , Jared Serbu
The CIO Council will add 25 more examples of IT project management excellence to its best practice database. DHS CIO Richard Spires said at the Excellence.gov awards Tuesday the goal of all of these success stories is to share what worked and leave a broader legacy across all of Federal IT.
The Government Accountability Office says that even while the Army has made some strides toward improving its pay practices, the service is a long way off from the kind of data integrity independent experts would need to see in order to green light the systems as audit-ready.
Tags: DoD , Congress , Army , management , financial management , audit readiness , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government , pay and benefits , workforce , GAO , Asif Khan , Kirk Zechinni , IPPS-A , Jeanne Brooks , James Watkins , DFAS , Jared Serbu
The Defense Manpower Data Center has a number of responsibilities with respect to DoD. Mary Dixon, the director of the DMDC joined Jared Serbu for an interview on Federal News Radio's weekly defense program, On DoD.