Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DISA
DISA's Dave Bullock has done the loops and the laps. He tells us what he's found.
DISA's chief information officer says he's unsure how budget changes at DoD will affect his agency.
Aug. 19, 2010
Secretary Gates' decision to cut three major offices will result in "a substantial number" of employees and contractors having to find new jobs. The CIO's functions will be split between DISA and ATL. DoD is moving major acquisition oversight to the chief management officer's office.
The service names 25 software tools as winners in the Apps for the Army contest. Lt. Gen. Sorenson says the competition proves agile software development can be done well in the Army. He says a new memo is coming out that will change how the Army develops apps in the future.
Program will discuss the progress report on on agency infrastructure modernization at FAA-DISA-Interior, whether concepts such as Virtualization-Cloud Computing & Social networking tools being incorporated in plans, critical issues on optimizing government's infrastructure, lessons learned, and the vision for the future.
GAO questions cloud computing security, DISA lease woes slow cybercommand
June 10th, 2010
With Collaboration being a critical enabler of 21st century "Work", panelists will examine how do you define, manage, and more importantly, increase collaboration? Their focus on this second session will be the Confidence Dimension of collaboration. Increasing collaboration and, subsequently, decision making, involves the level of trust you have in something -- in the information you have, the people with whom you are making decisions.
This week, host John Gilroy talks about IT Service Management and Information Technology Infrastructure Library with DISA's Drew Jaehnig and CSC's Wendy Irion-Talbot.
June 8, 2010
The document highlights work being done by NIST, standards working group and budget guidance to agencies. NIST to come out with several special publications to help agencies implement cloud computing. The CIO Council also includes use cases on 30 different cloud implementations.
Intelligence community says developers should keep users' needs at the forefront of any project. Other key best practices are to think big, start small and scale fast. Intelligence employees say Web 2.0 tools slowly are being institutionalized across the community.