Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DISA
This week, host John Gilroy talks about IT Service Management and Information Technology Infrastructure Library with DISA's Drew Jaehnig and CSC's Wendy Irion-Talbot.
June 8, 2010
The document highlights work being done by NIST, standards working group and budget guidance to agencies. NIST to come out with several special publications to help agencies implement cloud computing. The CIO Council also includes use cases on 30 different cloud implementations.
Intelligence community says developers should keep users' needs at the forefront of any project. Other key best practices are to think big, start small and scale fast. Intelligence employees say Web 2.0 tools slowly are being institutionalized across the community.
NSA opens up to Maryland contractors, Cyber Command nominee says policies aren't clear
Lt. Gen. Keith Alexander tells lawmakers that the organization "will not militarize cyberspace." He also details how the Cyber Command will help DHS protect .gov and .com networks. Senate Armed Services Members say Alexander is well-qualified to lead the command.
DISA brings a career fair to Ft. Meade for the first time. DISA's director of Manpower, Personnel and Security Jack Penkoske says attendees can build their federal resumes, qualify for security clearances and take advantage of the organization's award-winning quality of life programs.
DHS also will make Randy Vickers the permanent head of U.S. CERT. Stempfley would become the first permanent NCSD director since 2007. The division's oversight of federal civilian networks is growing more important with Einstein and TIC initiative.
Agency issues draft RFP for Connections II follow-on contract to help the government transition more quickly to the new telecommunications vehicle. GSA is also readying several other contracts in the short term whilte Networx remains its top priority.
Agencies now have until Aug. 30 to hire a telecommunications provider. GSA and the carriers still are concerned that they will not have enough time to complete the transition by mid-2011. Interagency Management Council trying to increase the urgency of the need for agencies to move to Networx.
Tags: contracting , technology , Karl Krumbholz , Sanjeev Bhagowalia , GSA , Interior , Interagency Management Council , CIO Council , AFFIRM , Networx , telecommunications , Connections , Satellite contract
The career fair is focused on recruitment of positions in DISA's Intern, Student Temporary Employment Program (STEP), and Student Career Experience Programs (SCEP).