Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DISA
November 17th, 2010
Listen to a discussion on key milestones or changes that have come out of the first year of President Obama's Open Government Directive (OGD).
The DoD's Iridium EMSS Gateway serves as a dedicated portal for the uplink and downlink of voice and data traffic through Iridium satellites for DoD and other U.S. government users throughout the world.
The general spent more than 37 years in the service, including the last three as CIO. Mike Kreiger will be the acting CIO in the interim. Sorenson led several enterprise initiatives including moving the Army's e-mail system to DISA.
November 18th at 12PM
Program will discuss the progress report on Government Cloud Computing Initiatives, top cloud computing priorities , challenges to overcome, lessons learned & best practices, and vision for the future.
Faster, smaller, hipper, and even more efficient, teleworkers are morphing into mobile workers.
As part of a huge move, DISA finds little things can mean the most. To keep just a few feds on the job, a new classified telework center is in the works. We get details from DISA's Jack Penkoske.
In the name of efficiency, the Army is making what it calls a big change in the way that it manages e-mail. The service said the move is designed to save millions of dollars at a time when the secretary of Defense is mandating significant savings.
The Net-Centric Enterprise Services Program, a project of the Defense Information Systems Agency, allows secure information sharing between soldiers in the field, as well as between systems, DoD reports.
Base hosts tour to show off new facilities
October 20th, 2010 at 11 AM
The application of knowledge discovery within the cloud is immensely powerful, but not inbuilt. We are collectively moving past the question of "what is cloud computing", and swiftly moving towards "how does the cloud enable advanced analysis against massive volumes of data?" With industry and government leveraging multiple clouds, how do we successfully share and search large collections of data across systems, departments, and geographies? Organizations will continue to discuss and better understand the analytic power and economies of cloud computing, in the sense of data storage, sharing, and management; but we are quickly discovering that creating knowledge from data is more than just a discussion of technology. It's a discussion of what can be accomplished when massive data and cloud computing efficiencies combine to make advanced analysis and innovation possible.
Tags: technology , Booz Allen Distinguished Speaker Series , cloud , cloud computing , Michael Byrne , Jeff Jonas , David Mihelcic , Chris Nissen , Mike Olson , Cloudera , MITRE , IBM , FCC , big data , Massive Data , data management , analytics , Chris Kelly , data models , IT