Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DISA
FederalNewsRadio has learned budget passback language also calls for alternative analyses for major IT projects in 2012. NASA, DISA are among the agencies out in front in using this technology. Both plan to share what they've learned, and best practices, with other agencies.
Experts say command would better organize military capabilities
Officials from DISA, the U.S. Army and the U.S. Navy talk about their experiences in the cloud.
DISA survey finds more employees expect to make move to Ft. Meade in 2010. The number who say they will not go to new headquarters decreases significantly.
The Defense Department has several hundreds of thousands network end points, at least 19 Internet gateways and more than 2 million servicemen and women and civilian employees using the network. Add to that the wide range of threats from nation states, common hackers, organized crime and other cyber villains, DoD's faces thousands of attacks each week.
Defense agency expands software development platform for projects that require more security. Army and Navy already are using the new ProjectForge platform. DISA expects to add more functions to Forge.mil later this year.
GSA and DISA are creating a common marketplace for commercial satellite communication services offering significant savings to defense and civilian agencies, as well as state, local and tribal governments.
The Defense Department's promotion of collaboration and jointness is coming to the desktop.