Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DISA
House and Senate negotiators who hammered out an agreement for the 2012 defense authorization bill added language that puts the brakes on the Army's transition to an enterprise email effort. The language adds several requirements the Army and DoD must meet before moving forward with the project.
DISA wants improve its enterprise information visibility for the department's 15,000 unclassified networks by creating an Enterprise Information Web. The semantic Web will allow data to be more easily shared and reused across the department.
The Pentagon faces an uphill climb in getting ready for an audit of its consolidated financial statements by 2017, outside experts said Thursday. Nonetheless, the goal is achievable if the push is sustained by future secretaries of Defense.
Tags: DoD , management , financial management , DFAS , Army Corps of Engineers , DCAA , JoAnn Boutelle , Mark Keeley , Tracy Porter , Deloitte , Grant Thornton , PricewaterhouseCoopers , audit readiness , Jared Serbu
The Defense Information Systems Agency's website had been offline since Saturday. Agency officials blamed a hardware problem.
NATO and its members say a network they constructed to tie together the national networks of the various militaries operating in Afghanistan is a success story — except for the fact that the network took eight years to get up and running. But U.S. Defense officials said they have a better understanding for future coalition operations for how best to build such a network.
The Morning Federal Newscast is a daily compilation of the stories you hear Federal Drive hosts Tom Temin and Amy Morris discuss throughout the show each day. The Newscast is designed to give FederalNewsRadio.com users more information about the stories you hear on the air.
The complex in Ft. Meade, Md., received the second-highest environmental building certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
Maj. Gen. Ronnie Hawkins Jr., Hawkins, who currently serves as deputy director for command, control, communications and computer systems for the Joint Staff, will take over for current DISA director Lt. Gen. Carroll Pollett.
Tags: technology , VOIP , Siafa Sherman , Nortel , Jessi Showers , Sylviane Haldiman , Office of Telecommunications and Systems Operation , Charles J. De Sanno , Department of Veterans Affairs , Chris Dorobek
Listen to this program on demand below
Originally Aired January 25th @ 3:05pm
Tags: technology , wireless , interoperability , Dr. David Boyd , DHS , Mike Duffy , DoJ , Paige Atkins , defense spectrum organization , joe rose , paul cosgrave , District of Columbia , New York City , Dave Williams , Booz Allen , jim payne , Bechtel , stephen orr , cisco