Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DHS headquarters
Homeland Security, Defense and USDA are asking the Office of Management and Budget for the ability to reprogram agency funds to soften the blow of sequestration. DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano said the agency must cut $3 billion by Sept. 30 and every mission, contract and person will be impacted in some way. She said the Coast Guard already is feeling the impact of the cuts in mission areas.
Tags: budget , DHS , Janet Napolitano , DoD , Labor , Jon Etherton , Etherton and Associates , Coalition for Government Procurement , House Homeland Security Committee , cybersecurity , St. Elizabeths , workforce , Jason Miller , sequestration
Homeland Security is asking for $75 million to consolidate operations and cut the number of leases from 180 to no more than 10. House lawmakers say the DHS and GSA did better in explaining how the funding would be used and where the savings would come from, but members of Congress say tight budgets may force them to spend on operational issues instead.