Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DHS
Software assurance is becoming more of a focus as agencies rely heavily on the private sector to purchase both software and hardware.
The Homeland Security Department extended the contract for its SBINet program until Nov. 17.
DHS scientists are testing how air moves in subways in D.C. and Boston in case of a bio-weapons attack.
Agencies and industry are trading employees with specific technology skills, but in the end both need to increase the overall workforce. One expert calls for the professionalization of cybersecurity workers. Agencies are finding new ways to recruit these in-demand employees.
Tags: technology , management , Phil Reitinger , Kevin Cooley , Navy , Jim Lewis , Susan Aldridge , CSIS , University of Maryland , Deloitte , cybersecurity , cybersecurity workforce , training , Jason Miller
Federal News Radio's Jason Miller joined the DorobekINSIDER to discuss agencies' struggles with recruiting cyber experts.
GAO's Randolph Hite joined the DorobekINSIDER to discuss GAO's recommendations for DHS' massive border security project.
Defense is quietly taking on an expanding role in defending U.S. critical infrastructure from cyber attacks.
General Dale Meyerrose, former CIO for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, joined the DorobekINSIDER to discuss why the two departments are teaming up and ways agencies can confront the evolving challenges of cybersecurity.
By order of Defense Secretary Robert Gates and Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, NSA and DHS will exchange personnel, Wired reports.