Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DHS
Gen. Keith Alexander, commander of the military's new Cyber Command and the director of the NSA, said DoD can help protect private networks from cyber attack - especially critical infrastructure - without infringing on civil liberties. He said civilian agencies and private network operators could leverage NSA's capabilities without having the spy agency be in charge of security.
Tags: DoD , cybersecurity , technology , Keith Alexander , U.S. Cyber Command , NSA , Do William Lynn , privacy , civil liberties , Information Technology Exchange Program , industry , information sharing , Jared Serbu
The administration's IT agenda for fiscal 2012 will include new tools to combat cyber threats as well as major overhauls to how agencies manage their systems. Agency CIOs say agility will be important moving forward.
Tags: technology , management , contracting , cybersecurity , Vivek Kundra , Richard Spires , Roger Baker , GSA , USDA , VA , education , OMB , cyberstats , collaboration , agile development , IT budget , program oversight , AFCEA , Meg Beasley
OMB mandated departments implement continuous monitoring of their cyber networks by 2012. Part of meeting that goal is understanding what hardware and software currently reside on the computing backbone.
Tags: technology , contracting , Roger Baker , Bobbie Stempfley , Mike Krieger , Donna Dodson , Army , VA , State , NIST , GSA , cybersecurity , continuous monitoring , Cyberscope , SmartBUY , Jason Miller
One DHS official said efforts to encourage collaboration between federal and local law enforcement agencies are off to a good start. But he said the full potential of fusion centers isn't being realized yet.
Last week the International Monetary Fund cautioned the government on spending. So how bad are federal finances? We ask GAO's Jeanette Franzel
On this week's show, host Mike Causey talks with NTEU president Colleen Kelley and Federal Times' Steve Watkins about different budget plans being considered and how they might hit you, or your agency, in the wallet.
Tags: pay and benefits , Your Turn with Mike Causey , NTEU , Federal Times , Colleen Kelley , Steve Watkins , Sean Reilly , FY 2011 budget , FY 2010 budget , continuing resolution , IRS , SBA , SEC , Customs and Border Protection , HHS , USPS , CBP ,
DHS is seeking public comment on the data collection forms that will be used for the CyberForensics Electronic Technology Clearinghouse (CyberFETCH) program.
A Congressional subcommittee heard testimony from three cybersecurity experts Friday who said the Defense Department should share more information on cyber threats with private network operators. The hearing, which examined DoD's role in the nation's cyber defense, produced a consensus that the country needs to do more to protect itself from cyber threats, the subcommittee's chairman said.
Tags: DoD , Congress , cybersecurity , Center for Democracy and Technology , Institute for Information Infrastructure Protectio , Dartmouth College , North American Electric Reliability Corporation , Gregory Nojeim , Gerry Cauley , Shari Pfleeger , Jared Serbu , DoD Report
Lawmakers are worried about a so-called Internet "kill switch" in a cyber bill.
Invited attendees will join the country's premiere cyber experts from U.S. Cyber Command, the National Security Agency, Defense Information Systems Agency and Department of Homeland Security plus top cyber intelligence officials, defense and commercial industry leaders from Constellation Energy, Federal Reserve, HP, Johns Hopkins Healthcare System, Lockheed Martin, ManTech, SAIC, TASC, TeleCommunication Systems for an interactive discussion with Maryland educators from K-12, colleges and universities and workforce development organizations.
Tags: Federal Drive , Cybersecurity Update , cybersecurity , Johns Hopkins , pay and benefits , contracting , technology , U.S. Cyber Command , NSA , DISA , Constellation Energy , Lockheed Martin , ManTech , SAIC