Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DHS
An event this week sponsored by Potomac Institute in Arlington, Va., evaluates government's cyber spending priorities.
Secretary Janet Napolitano said the Einstein 3 software will be deployed across the government to detect and disrupt malicious cyber activity. Cybersecurity among the hot topics Napolitano highlighted during her State of Homeland Security address.
Tags: technology , management , Janet Napolitano , Peter King , Bennie Thompson , House Homeland Security Committee , George Washington University , cybersecurity , TWIC , terrorism alert system , Supply chain security , Einstein , Jason Miller
Federal Security Spotlight talks with Marita Fowler, section chief of the surface analysis group at U.S. CERT, about recent trends in cyber attacks.
January 20, 2011
February 1st at 12pm
Program will discuss the progress report on CyberSecurity in the Federal Government, top CyberSecurity Priorities, challenges to still overcome in IT Security, lessons learned, and vision for the future - how can we be proactive and prevent attacks.
Tags: technology , Federal Executive Forum , Trezza Media Group , Jim Flyzik , The Flyzik Group , Greg Schaffer , David Glenn , Lee Holcomb , Ed White , Tim Brown , cybersecurity , cyber , Lockheed Martin , DoJ , McAfee , CA Technologies
The controversial project to build an electronic fence along the country's southern border is being terminated.
Richard Skinner's last day as DHS IG will be March 1, 2011.
A former TSA worker has been sentenced for tampering with government databases.
The DETERlab testbed provides an isolated 400-node mini-Internet, in which researchers can investigate malware and other security threats without danger of infecting the real Internet.
Several departments are out ahead of the OMB mandate to consolidate data facilities over the next four years. Energy is starting small to show business owners they will get the same level of service under the new setup. Other agencies see green in cutting back on the centers-both money and energy efficiency.
Tags: technology , Bill Turnbull , Cindy Cassil , Margie Graves , Alfred Rivera , State , Energy , OMB , DISA , AFCEA , data center consolidation , cloud computing , green IT , enterprise e-mail , Jason Miller