Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DHS
By a vote of 78 to 16, the Senate confirmed Jeh Johnson as the fourth secretary of Homeland Security.
Unsuccessful bidders of one unrestricted portion of the EAGLE II contract are taking their arguments to GAO to try to get a spot on the multiple-award contract. Documents show DHS made no awards to any company whose total bid was more than $500 million.
Despite progress in confirming a new secretary and deputy secretary, DHS still features a large number of officials in acting roles. Former Secretary Tom Ridge told lawmakers the department cannot build nor sustain a mission-focused culture with so many non-permanent positions. NTEU says pay freezes, budget cuts and the government shutdown are more to blame for low morale across DHS and the entire government.
Tags: management , workforce , Mike McCaul , House Homeland Security Committee , David Maurer , GAO , Tom Ridge , Max Stier , leadership , morale , NTEU , Colleen Kelley , Bennie Thompson , Jason Miller
Resilient Network Systems appointed former Homeland Security CIO Richard A. Spires as its new chief executive officer. Spires stepped down from the DHS post in May.
As the use of reverse auctions continues to rise, the Government Accountability Office says agencies need more clear cut guidance to realize a maximum amount of savings.
Tags: GAO , OMB , OFPP , reverse auctions , acquisition , Contracting officers , contracts , FedBid , Army , VA , DOI , FAR , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Commitee , Tom Carper , small businesses , Ellen Kortesoja
Paul Christman, vice president Public Sector at Dell Software, discusses how his company can help you solve identity management issues at your agency.
December 10, 2013
Margie Graves, the co-chairwoman of the Innovation Committee and deputy CIO at the Homeland Security Department, said the committee is focusing on three areas: Open data, data analytical tools and public-private partnerships to help agencies improve mission outcomes.
November 21, 2013