Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DHS
The Homeland Security Department upgraded its Homeland Security Information Network (HSIN) last year with new security and identity management features. The growing acceptance and use of standards is making it easier for state, local, tribal government and other partners to securely access law enforcement data.
The Homeland Security Department told the Government Accountability Office it is taking corrective action by re-reviewing proposals after 46 unsuccessful bidders protested their exclusion from the largest portion of the $22 billion IT services contract.
Margie Graves, the co-chairwoman of the Innovation Committee and deputy CIO at the Homeland Security Department, said the committee is focusing on three areas: Open data, data analytical tools and public-private partnerships to help agencies improve mission outcomes.
December 26, 2013
SBA, OPM have new CIOs as the carousel in government IT spins once again.
For the first time in its history, the Homeland Security Department turned in a clean financial audit. A new DHS inspector general report, however, says the department has "significant deficiencies" in its internal control over financial reporting.
Tags: financial management , Tom Carper , Bennie Thompson , Senate Homeland and Governmental Affairs Committee , House Homeland Security Committee , inspector general , audit , Michael OConnell , KPMG
Special agents of them Immigration and Customs Enforcement Office of Homeland Security Investigations recovered the missing diary of prominent Nazi official Alfred Rosenberg, following a lengthy investigation.
The Homeland Security Department's CIS is using a continuous delivery model where it automates reviews of software code to ensure security and quality. DHS is using a similar approach for mobile apps called the Carwash, where it's checking the code to compliance with specific requirements.
Audits find contract security personnel, which make up the vast majority of the Federal Protective Service's workforce, receive no meaningful training on how to deal with armed attackers. And many operators of X-ray machines and metal detectors at building entrances likely have never been trained to properly use them.