Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DHS
As the use of reverse auctions continues to rise, the Government Accountability Office says agencies need more clear cut guidance to realize a maximum amount of savings.
Tags: GAO , OMB , OFPP , reverse auctions , acquisition , Contracting officers , contracts , FedBid , Army , VA , DOI , FAR , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Commitee , Tom Carper , small businesses , Ellen Kortesoja
Paul Christman, vice president Public Sector at Dell Software, discusses how his company can help you solve identity management issues at your agency.
December 10, 2013
Margie Graves, the co-chairwoman of the Innovation Committee and deputy CIO at the Homeland Security Department, said the committee is focusing on three areas: Open data, data analytical tools and public-private partnerships to help agencies improve mission outcomes.
November 21, 2013
Rep. Mike McCaul (R-Texas), chairman of the Homeland Security Committee, and Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-S.C.), chairman of the subcommittee on Oversight and Management Efficiency, wrote a letter to DHS Chief Procurement Officer Nick Nayak earlier this week questioning the agency's entire solicitation process.
The Nov. 1 shooting at Los Angeles International Airport sheds light on the public's negative perception of transportation security officers. Former DHS CHCO Jeff Neal says its time to reevaluate how those federal employees are treated.
The House Armed Services Committee created a panel to figure out a way to reform the defense acquisition processes. Experts say reform may be difficult but it's also necessary given tight budgets and sequestration.
Tags: Dov Zakheim , Bill Greenwalt , In Depth , DoD , acquistion , acquisition workforce , acquisition reform , House , House Armed Services Committee , Buck McKeon , Mac Thornberry , Michael OConnell
A new report from the Government Accountability Office fueled a House subcommittee hearing that revealed security concerns regarding the training and certification of contract guards employed by the Federal Protective Service.