Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DHS
The Department of Homeland Security has been working for some time to bring together a set of security standards for all types of federal facilities.
The Departments of Homeland Security and State have jointly implemented the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) for land and sea travel, strengthening security along our northern and southern borders by requiring more secure forms of documentation and proof of citizenship. Office of Information Technology director, Chris Milowic, brings us up to speed.
Controller Danny Werfel says agencies have been developing inventories and now it's time to get rid of unneeded real estate. OMB also preparing to kick off cloud computing certification program. And administration's performance management portal under development.
Tags: IRMCO 2010 , management , technology , Danny Werfel , Vivek Kundra , Shelley Metzenbaum , OMB , GSA , DoD , Treasury , FDA , real property , improper payments , cloud computing , FedRAMP , performance measurement
DHS also will make Randy Vickers the permanent head of U.S. CERT. Stempfley would become the first permanent NCSD director since 2007. The division's oversight of federal civilian networks is growing more important with Einstein and TIC initiative.
Alan P. Balutis
Director and Distinguished Fellow
Cisco Business Solutions Group
Some ex-employees turn to cybercrime
DHS selects Waterfall to support CSSP, Symantec finds pet names used frequently as passwords
Listen April 27th at 2pm
Program will discuss key benefits associated with virtualization , strategies deployed to improve business processes within agency data centers, DHS Challenges to still Overcome, security a concerns in a virtualized environments, and future vision for the next 1 to 3 years.
Tags: technology , Federal Executive Forum , Virtualization , management , FEMA , Gary McCarty , Gary Albert , FAA , Charlie Wisecarver , DCIO , Department of State , Brian Stevens , Red Hat , William Hartwell , Riverbed Technology
Post-Katrina Emergency Management Reform Act expanded FEMA's mission to include the integration of preparedness with protection, response, recovery, and mitigation; the development of a risk-based all-hazards preparedness strategy; the building of robust regional offices to work with stakeholders; and increased coordination with other federal agencies. Rich Serino, FEMA's deputy administrator, tells us how that's going.
Amtower gets the latest on upcoming conferences that you should attend.
March 15, 2010