Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DHS
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra will sign a memo requiring agencies to do another, more detailed survey of their data centers. Agencies also are working on a department-wide plan to consolidate these buildings.
With a headcount of contractors who work for one of the largest federal agencies in hand yesterday, Sen. Joseph Lieberman (ID-Conn.), chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, began a review of the DHS fiscal year 2011 proposed budget.
There are more contractors than federal employees working at the Department of Homeland Security. Sec. Napolitano blames a federal hiring process that takes too long and costs too much.
Transportation Security Officers are going to receive secret intelligence feeds so they can stop terrorists before they board airplanes. How will this work and will it slow down security lines even more?
"Continuing commitment to information technology" earns kudos from leader of Bush administration's IT operation.
Approximately 60 TSOs of 100 expected for work at Dulles Feb. 6th reportedly could not make it because of the snow and were considered AWOL.
CIO has reviewed half of the 79 major IT investments at the agency, and says so far none have been deemed "fatally flawed."
Listen March 4th at 2pm
Program will discuss DHS's Progress on IT Programs, DHS Top Priorities for FY 2010, DHS Challenges to still Overcome, Views on New Technology Trends-like Cloud Computing-Open Source-Social Networking, A Vision for The Future-for DHS & Programs that will make a difference.
CHCO Jeff Neal says the agency received permission from OMB and OPM to hire 90 SESers. He also wants to ensure the senior manager ranks include more women and minorities.