Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DHS
What would the New World look like if Christopher Columbus had been a federal worker rather than a private contractor? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says things would probably be a lot quieter.
President Obama's nominee to head the Transportation Security Administration had his confirmation hearing in the Senate yesterday. Lawmakers used the hearing as an opportunity to get answers about some lingering concerns over one of the most visible arms of the Department of Homeland Security.
New group is developing performance measures that are based on outcomes. OMB has set a November deadline for a draft of the metrics that will be reviewed by government and industry. DHS says the governmentwide focus to improve cybersecurity is on standards, metrics and authentication.
Officials today announced that the review, which is being conducted mostly online and using Web 2.0 collaborative tools, is succeeding beyond their expectations.
The Federal Protective Service has been upgrading security plans in the wake of a summer GAO report that detailed critical gaps in the system. The director tells FederalNewsRadio about some of the changes.