Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DHS
CSIS's Rick Nelson discusses the ramifications of Northwest 253 for Homeland Security.
We hear from Jim Williams, the commissioner of GSA's Federal Acquisition Service, who has had a unique vantage point for the past decade both at DHS and GSA.
DHS announces plan that will help prepare the government to respond to cyber attacks.
The security of federal offices like yours is again being looked at on the Hill. Federal News Radio's Max Cacas spoke to Congressman Bennie Thompson of Mississippi - chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee.
How to strengthen relationships, understanding and partnerships between the homeland's stakeholders.
OMB has launched new tool to automate FISMA reporting. This data will help populate a new cybersecurity dashboard, federal CIO Vivek Kundra says. OMB also wants to collect more specific data around how much and where agencies are spending money on IT security.
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , security , Vivek Kundra , John Streufert , Tom Carper , OMB , State , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , NIST , CIO Council , metrics , FISMA , dashboard
We continue with our coverage of "Five Fallacies of Government" and the fallacy of government hiring always being slow and arduous.
Yes, government hiring is often slow and arduous. But what happens when an agency needs people with a specific skill quickly? DHS is dealing with that and they have found a solution that they hope will allow them to compete for the best and brightest of applicants.