Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DHS
Senate Homeland Security Committee holds confirmation hearings for Tara O'Toole, President Obama's nominee to head up the Science and Technology Directorate at the Department of Homeland Security. O'Toole brings a background in medicine and science to the job overseeing the development of technology for the agencies tasked with protecting the nation.
Some surprising findings from a GAO study of federal government preparedness for a possible flu pandemic. A Senate subcommittee holds hearings days after the World Health Organization declares H1N1 flu virus spread has officially reached pandemic status. Agencies bracing for possible return of swine flu this fall.
Acting Chief Procurement Officer
June 11, 2009
Lawmakers question TSA, NPPD on 2010 budget proposals. Rep. Jackson-Lee says NPPD may need to be reorganized.
Tags: mngt , technology , Phil Reitinger , Gail Rossides , Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee , Rep. Dan Lungren , Rand Beers , TSA , National Protection and Programs Directorate , House Homeland Security Committee , Registered Traveler , Secure Flight , cybersecurity , risk management
A former executive recruiting consultant for Ben and Jerry's is one step closer to head the GSA.
Department decision part of efficiency review to save money and improve business processes.