Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DHS
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano has delivered to Congress the very first Quadrennial Homeland Security Review. The document reflects nearly a year's worth of work as DHS officials, external stakeholders and even members of the public held an unusually open examination of the programs and priorities of a mega-agency charged with safeguarding the nation. An outside group that monitors the homeland security community offers its own first-look of the QHSR.
Tags: security , QHSR , Janet Napolitano , Frank J. Cilluffo , Homeland Security Policy Institute , George Washington University , Bennie Thompson , House Homeland Security Committee , National Academy of Public Administration , Max Cacas
Get a sneak peak at what's coming up on Ask the CIO this week.
Howard Schmidt is moving into his new job "at Mach Four with his hair on fire," according to one of today's panelists.
Christmas Day underwear bomber should have been handed over to military, says one Senator.
Multiple hearings focus on figuring out what led to the Dec. 25 attempted terrorist attack. FBI, DHS, State offer details on what changes each made in the last month.
Tags: technology , management , Robert Mueller , David Heyman , Patrick Kennedy , Joseph Lieberman , Patrick Leahy , FBI , State , Judiciary Committee , Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committ , information sharing , Terrorist watch list , No fly list
DHS announced Jan. 4 in FedBizOpps.gov its intention to hire the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) to help it promote and empower citizens to protect and secure the Internet and cyber infrastructure.
J. Bennet Waters of the Chertoff Group on ways the TSA can prevent a repeat of Christmas Day's failed attempt aborad Northwest 253.
CSIS's Rick Nelson discusses the ramifications of Northwest 253 for Homeland Security.
We hear from Jim Williams, the commissioner of GSA's Federal Acquisition Service, who has had a unique vantage point for the past decade both at DHS and GSA.
DHS announces plan that will help prepare the government to respond to cyber attacks.