Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DHS
Homeland Security Today Editor David Silverberg told the DorobekINSIDER that the greater GOP presence in the House and Senate means shifts in spending priorities and new turf battles related to Homeland Security issues.
The Office of Management and Budget chose four ideas out of 18,000 entries that will save the government money. The winner will get to meet President Obama and present their idea. Voting starts today.
Tags: management , Jeff Zients , Marjorie Cook , Thomas Koenning , Paul Behe , Trudy Givens , Nancy Fichtner , OMB , USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service , Labor Department's Mine Safety and Health Administ , Justice Department's Bureau of Prisons , VA , SAVE award , Jason Miller
Correa has spent 28 years working in the procurement area. She now moves to a broader role.
The memo is part of a broader effort to improve authentication to computers and buildings across government using secure identity cards. The White House also is close to finalizing the National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace. President Obama could sign the strategy this winter.
Best of the DorobekINSIDER with the best recent interviews.
EAGLE II is a follow-on to the current contract. DHS is planning big changes for how it runs this new contract. Bids are due in January.
DHS CIO Richard Spires doesn't have anything against contractors, but he wants more feds and fewer contractors in his IT shop.
A new project will outfit CBP border agents, check point officers and agency aircraft with secure voice and data communications connectivity along 1,200 miles of continuous U.S. border and more than 20,000 square miles of operating area. Details from Motorola's Mark McNulty.
The IG for DHS has a new plan for tracking its performance while tracking the department. IG Richard Skinner explains.
Richard Spires says reticence over private sector social network access from within government networks is not because the department thinks sites such as Facebook are frivolous.