Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DHA
The Defense Health Agency is predicting savings of over $2.4 billion in the next five years by reducing duplication between the services, Lt. Gen. Douglas Robb, director of DHA, tells Agency of the Month Host Lauren Larson.
The Defense Health Agency is on a mission to improve health, wellness and readiness across the DoD workforce. It wants to fight obesity and destructive behaviors like smoking and alcohol abuse. Capt. Kim Elenberg is deputy director of population health at DHA. On this week's episode of our Agency of the Month radio show, she tells Federal News Radio's Lauren Larson about Operation Live Well. Read Federal News Radio's related article.
Top initiatives addressing nutrition, exercise and smoking will be implemented department-wide, Capt. Kim Elenberg, deputy director of the Defense Health Agency's Public Health Service, tells Federal News Radio's Agency of the Month radio program.
"For the first time, you have an operational level organization that can directly interface with all the services — get their input, organize themselves, really solicit and collaborate with the services — so we can build a better military health system," Major General Richard Thomas, chief medical officer and director of DHA Healthcare Operations, told Federal News Radio.
Dave Bowen, the director of health care IT and CIO of the Defense Health Agency, joined Federal News Radio for an online chat on Monday, Jan. 13. View the archived discussion now.
Among other issues, the GAO finds Facility Security Committees have operated since 1995 without procedures that outline how they should operate or make decisions, or that establish accountability. Mark Goldstein, Director of Physical Infrastructure Issues at GAO has more details.