Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DFAS
Sen. Chuck Grassley released a report Friday, revealing fudged financial statements from the Defense Finance and Accounting Service and audit misconduct from the Inspector General's office.
Retired Marine Corps Maj. Gen. Arnold Punaro, chief executive officer of the Punaro Group and a member of the Defense Business Board, has been following problems at the Defense Finance and Accounting Service.
President Obama signed a bill at the dawn of the government shutdown, and it could significantly increase the number of non-uniformed military employees exempt from furlough during the shutdown. So far, the Defense Department has sent no signals on how it would choose to enact the provisions.
Tags: government shutdown , Congress , DoD , Military Officers Association of America , Servicewomen’s Action Network , Buck McKeon , Lauren Gray , Karen Golden , workforce , pay and benefits , House Armed Services Committee , Chuck Hagel , Jared Serbu
The Defense Finance and Accounting Service will implement significant cost-cutting measures next week to prepare for the possibility of automatic spending cuts due to hit government in March. DFAS plans to freeze most hiring, reduce travel and overtime, and temporarily halt new employee performance awards, according to DFAS Director Terri McKay.
After a two-month delay, all civilian employees at the Defense Department, as well as several other agencies, can now contribute to the recently rolled-out Roth option for their Thrift Savings Plans.
ThunderCat Technology founder Tom Deierlien joins host John Gilroy to talk about how his company can help your agency with its data center consolidation.
May 1, 2012
Tags: technology , Vivek Kundra , data center , data center consolidation , Tom Deierlien , Thundercat Technology , Army Corps of Engineers , Customs and Border Protection , NetApp , Knight Point Systems , Riverbed , FDCCIConnect.com , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
The Defense Finance and Accounting Service said the emails appear to come from its office. The "spoofs" said that people who are receiving disability compensation from Veterans Affairs may be able to obtain more money from the Internal Revenue Service.
The Government Accountability Office says that even while the Army has made some strides toward improving its pay practices, the service is a long way off from the kind of data integrity independent experts would need to see in order to green light the systems as audit-ready.
Tags: DoD , Congress , Army , management , financial management , audit readiness , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government , pay and benefits , workforce , GAO , Asif Khan , Kirk Zechinni , IPPS-A , Jeanne Brooks , James Watkins , DMDC , Jared Serbu
The Pentagon faces an uphill climb in getting ready for an audit of its consolidated financial statements by 2017, outside experts said Thursday. Nonetheless, the goal is achievable if the push is sustained by future secretaries of Defense.
Tags: DoD , management , financial management , DISA , Army Corps of Engineers , DCAA , JoAnn Boutelle , Mark Keeley , Tracy Porter , Deloitte , Grant Thornton , PricewaterhouseCoopers , audit readiness , Jared Serbu
One of the hottest trends in the government is the rise of the "dashboard". White House officials tout the success of the "IT Dashboard", for example, in helping identify ineffective IT programs at the Department of Veterans Affairs. Several members of the federal accounting community recently offered their thoughts about the new dashboards.