Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: DARPA
The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency is looking for a few good computer science researchers.
A man readily acknowledged by many as "the father of the Internet" says the "network of networks" originally bore little in common with the network we know today. And he says the Federal government, through its top Pentagon research arm, had a big hand in the development of the Internet.
New arm of the Department of Energy hopes to be what DARPA is for DoD.
Soldiers in current operations carry upwards of 50 lbs of equipment, and in some cases over 100 lbs, for long distances and in terrain not always accessible by wheeled platforms that support infantry. As a result, the soldier's combat effectiveness can be compromised. The LS3 program will design and develop prototypes capable of carrying 400 lbs of payload for 20 miles in 24 hours, negotiating terrain and at endurance levels expected of typical squad maneuvers.
Using grease from the nation's fast food joints to power military aircraft