Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: D.C. Department of Health
The number of newly diagnosed HIV and AIDS cases in the District fell for the second straight year in 2009, but the nation's capital still faces an epidemic infection rate connected to the disease, a city report says.
A woman with measles flew into one area airport and out of another, and she rode buses through D.C.
A letter grade of A, B, C or F would come from D.C. Department of Health inspectors, under a bill introduced Tuesday.
The D.C. Department of Health has asked local emergency officials to report any cases involving the beverage. George Washington University has reported two, and other schools in the region have stepped up efforts to educate students about its dangers.
Tobacco use is the leading cause of premature death, with almost 17 percent of deaths linked to smoking. Other potentially fatal lifestyle choices also appear in the report. Diet and physical activity along with alcohol consumption combine for nearly 20 percent of all preventable deaths.