Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Cybersecurity Act of 2012
On this week's Bloomberg Government Capital Impact show, analysts will discuss the impact of the cybersecurity executive order signed by President Obama.
February 21, 2013
On this week's Bloomberg Government Capital Impact show, analysts will talk about cybersecurity and risk managment.
October 18, 2012
Republican lawmakers in the House and Senate wrote to President Barack Obama urging him to not issue an executive order setting voluntary cybersecurity standards for private-sector operators of critical infrastructure.
Tags: Congress , House , Senate , cybersecurity , cybersecurity legislation , Susan Collins , Joseph Lieberman , Fred Upton , House Energy and Commerce Committee , Senate Homeland and Governmental Affairs Committee , CISPA , Jack Moore
Rob Strayer of the Bipartisan Policy Center's Homeland Security Project says the revised cybersecurity bill introduced in the Senate last week makes it voluntary for companies to comply with cybsecurity performance standards.
The revised Cybersecurity Act of 2012 removes DHS from having sole oversight authority of critical infrastructure and shares the responsibility across an interagency council. The bill also would make the implementation of cyber standards by critical infrastructure operators voluntary. The legislation encourages an incentive-based program.