Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Cybersecurity
Ponemon Institute study details why.
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , Ponemon Institute , Larry Poneman , management , pay and benefits , John Berry , OPM , National Security Council , CIO Council , CHCO Council , Partnership for Public Service , Cyber Workforce
The councils will focus on three main areas to develop competency framework. Agencies have until Jan. 15 to submit data about how they classify cyber positions. Interagency working group also will conduct a survey of cybersecurity workforce in the spring.
We learn what's coming up on tomorrow's Federal Security Spotlight.
OMB has launched new tool to automate FISMA reporting. This data will help populate a new cybersecurity dashboard, federal CIO Vivek Kundra says. OMB also wants to collect more specific data around how much and where agencies are spending money on IT security.
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , security , Vivek Kundra , John Streufert , Tom Carper , OMB , State , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , DHS , NIST , CIO Council , metrics , FISMA , dashboard
One of the challenges with cyber-security is that the discussion is often about worst-case scenarios.
Securing the nation one computer chip at a time. We'll find out about the task force responsible for keeping computer chips secure on this week's Federal Security Spotlight preview.
When members of Congress weigh in on cybersecurity, do they know what they're talking about? How about the use of technology in government? Some of the top names in the federal government on both these topics were questioned on Congressional expertise by Federal News Radio during recent conferences and news events.
Tags: technology , management , cybersecurity , International Spy Museum , Mike McConnell , Excellence in Government , Aneesh Chopra , Open Government Directive , President Barack Obama , Congress , Max Cacas
New group is developing performance measures that are based on outcomes. OMB has set a November deadline for a draft of the metrics that will be reviewed by government and industry. DHS says the governmentwide focus to improve cybersecurity is on standards, metrics and authentication.