Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Cybersecurity
New group is developing performance measures that are based on outcomes. OMB has set a November deadline for a draft of the metrics that will be reviewed by government and industry. DHS says the governmentwide focus to improve cybersecurity is on standards, metrics and authentication.
Today marks the first day Cybersecurity Awareness Month, and the International Spy Museum is getting in on the action with a little craftiness. Friday, it unveils a new gallery dedicated to cybersecurity called "Weapons of Mass Disruption".
Coast Guard wants to set up separate network to use social media sites. CIO Council looking at cybersecurity implications of these tools.
The document focuses recommendations around five areas. Council says current policies should be enough to securely use social media.
Reps. Langevin and McCaul send letter to President Obama urging him to name a coordinator as soon as possible. Federal CIO and federal CTO say one could be named soon.
Tags: technology , management , Rep. Jim Langevin , Rep. Mike McCaul , President Barack Obama , Vivek Kundra , Aneesh Chopra , Christopher Painter , White House , House Cyber Caucus , Melissa Hathaway , Commission on Cybersecurity for the 41st President , cybersecurity