Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Cybersecurity
The document focuses recommendations around five areas. Council says current policies should be enough to securely use social media.
Reps. Langevin and McCaul send letter to President Obama urging him to name a coordinator as soon as possible. Federal CIO and federal CTO say one could be named soon.
Tags: technology , management , Rep. Jim Langevin , Rep. Mike McCaul , President Barack Obama , Vivek Kundra , Aneesh Chopra , Christopher Painter , White House , House Cyber Caucus , Melissa Hathaway , Commission on Cybersecurity for the 41st President , cybersecurity
Many fundamentals are reiterated, while new threats are also identified.
Three men with different perspectives on the White House cybersecurity 'czar' weigh in on the impending nomination. One, former Virginia Congressman Tom Davis, is said to be under consideration for the job. But does he want it?
President Obama has made a top-to-bottom review of cybersecurity throughout the government a priority, and is planning on naming a cybersecurity czar. Meanwhile, Secretary of Defense Robert Gates is finalizing a plan to stand up a new military cybercommand. But what will these two new jobs really do for protecting the nation's cyber infrastructure?