Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Cybersecurity
This week, Federal Security Spotlight presents highlight of a speech given by Bruce McConnell, senior advisor to the director of the National Programs and Protection Directorate of the Homeland Security Department.
Aug. 12, 2010
Qwest says "By offering the next-generation security that is baked into dedicated IPv6 addressing, Qwest is doing its part to provide government and business customers with the most advanced Internet security that is available." More from CTO Pieter Poll.
Think you can either be sustainable or secure, but you can't be both? Oh nay nay! says GSA's Ed O'Hare.
The OTA Awards program recognizes exceptional and meritorious achievements by companies, non-governmental agencies (NGO) and individuals who demonstrate commitment to preserving and improving online safety for consumers, business and government services. We get more about the how and why from Craig Spiezle with the Online Trust Alliance.
Group tries to build trust in cyberspace, Thumbs up for cyber coordination
White House cyber coordinator says using secure identity cards and working more closely with industry among his top short term priorities. He says a new strategy to secure online transactions also is on track for the President's signature this fall. And he's closely watching Capitol Hill as Senate lawmakers may be close to completing draft of consolidated cyber bill.
Tags: technology , Howard Schmidt , Harry Reid , White House , Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board , cybersecurity , HSPD-12 , secure identity management , National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cybers , Jason Miller
Learn more in today's cybersecurity update.
Long-time privacy and cybersecurity expert to join the government to work on similar issues. EPA's Lisa Schlosser also takes on a new role at her agency.
A new report finds the vast majority of U.S. supply chains rely on information technologies that can be compromised at any time. We get details from Tom Wilkerson, CEO of the Naval Institute.